Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Students raise money for UGA in summer

Team One - Features
By Miranda Stancil

Over the summer, University of Georgia students find ways to escape school. Some go on vacation and sleep in. Others lay by the pool and cook out.
But some students spend their summer differently - on the phone.
The UGA Calling Center is a place for students to contact alumni to raise money for the University - and have a little fun at the same time.
The Calling Center is a branch of RuffaloCody LLC, a company that offers strategic fundraising solutions. For the past fifteen years, it has offered UGA students a chance to improve their University in an enjoyable environment. The Calling Center raises $1.5 million to $2 million a year.
Lauren Combs, a UGA graduate with a degree in Finance, says she appreciates the experience she's had at the Calling Center.
"This job is fun and rewarding. I definitely think I’ve learned a lot about the value of philanthropy," said Combs. "I’ve already given back to the University since graduating and I plan to give back again each year."

Edited by Courtney M. Holbrook

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the first post.

    Good informative chunk of info here. The lead is a distraction from the point of the story, which I know gets fixed later in a good edit. Interesting story idea.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.